Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top 10 Reasons Why Our Minivan is the Perfect Road Trip Vehicle

Sooooooo, the original plan was to buy a car for our six month road trip. However, as life happens, (And It Always Does), we spent our car money on our house. Now, we have switched to Plan B which is turning out to be the "B" Better Plan. We are shipping over our beloved 2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan for the six month journey. Trying to turn whatever situation we are in into the BEST situation, hasn't been difficult in this particular case.
10. The Minivan is Comfortable. You can even lay down if you needed to, and completely stretch your legs.
9. It's Easy to Park. It could just be that I'm used to it, but I can swing into a spot or parallel myself pretty well. My girls have gotten really good at "visualizing" a front row spot to park in, and then it happens...now that's talent.
8. As # 9 Said, I'm Used to It. I don't have to figure out where the windshield wipers are or anything.
7. It runs great! Not scared of jinxing it either. I believe in my Toyota to carry me at least another 100,000.
6. Decent Gas Mileage. It's not a hybrid, but it's not a giant SUV either.
5. Great Safety Ratings. Side Airbags and All.
4. No Monthly Payments. The shipping charges, both directions, will total $2500. That's cheaper than any rental and way cheaper than buying a car.
3. That Homey Feeling. Just in case we get homesick or tired of being in a new place each day, we can retreat to our car and it's familiarity.
2. There's a semi-big dent in the back bumper, compliments of my husband, so it takes off all the stress. I think I might be grateful for that dent.
1. I won't care if the kids spill something...wherever the spill lands, won't be the first time something spilled there.

A minivan is a perfect road trip car. Can't wait to send our Sienna across the Pacific to meet us in Seattle, our starting point. It will be weird at first to drive our own vehicle in the mainland...but it's going to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment