Monday, February 6, 2012

The "But" Hurts

In about a week, I could change this title to, "The BUTT Hurts," because though I drive to Kona or Hilo for about an hour one way, at least once a week, I'm sure it will be nothing compared to the driving I'm about to begin doing.  This title though, is more fitting for how I feel now...today...when the, "But," hurts.  
So, I know I'm fortunate to be able to take this amazing trip around the United States for 5 1/2 months.  And I know it's going to be the trip of a lifetime.  I'm sure I'm going to see amazing sights, beautiful scenery, and gorgeous landscapes.  I know it's a great educational experience for the girls.  It will indeed be great to see my family and friends all along the way.  I'm certain I will enjoy the many museums, science centers and farmer's markets in fabulous cities.  Spending this quality time, at this time, with my girls is invaluable.  I am aware that this is a chance to make a difference as an educator and give future students opportunities.  BUT...(And that's the "But," that Hurts)...
I'm really sad to leave my wonderful husband and best friend, Mike.  I miss him already and it hurts.  This trip seemed like such a great idea for the last eight years while I was planning it, but now the reality of having found a love that brings me so much strength, hope, happiness, and just plain old fun, makes the trip feel like a separation and leaves me feeling a sadness that I had not expected.  We planned this trip before we met Mike and I told him about it on our 2nd date, but not until the last couple of months has leaving him for this adventure, really set it.  To make it worse...he's so supportive and encouraging...telling me to go and make him and Darel proud.  A double whammy!  Who would want to leave such a selfless, generous, and humble man...not to mention very handsome and constantly funny.  So, yeah, yeah, yeah, to all the things I mentioned first, but man, does the BUT hurt!  

No comments:

Post a Comment