Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We're the Candleabra Tree

I know, I know, I know...I have to do better with the blogging.  I'm good on FB, but not so much here, and I've been told (a few times) that some people don't have Facebook.  I promise to do better.  So, day before yesterday, I visited all these crazy sights (designed just to be crazy and fun for tourists) along the northern California coast.  It was a very fun and interesting day.  Many things stood out for me, but I'm going to keep it brief...I loved the Trees of Mystery because it was amazing to see the tall redwoods and the unique trees.  One tree in particular was a Candelabra Tree.  It had a tree growing horizontally, and from that tree there were about four trees growing vertically.  It really struck me how the horizontal tree was feeding the vertical trees nutrients from the earth while the vertical trees fed the horizontal tree with photosynthesis from the sun.  It's neat how the strengths of one helped the strengths of the other and vice versa.  I think this works in life with me and Mike and with me and the girls.  When you recognize your strengths and the strengths of your partners and then work together, it's a beautiful thing.  So, on this trip, Hana Girl is the detail girl:  she keeps our accounting and daily budget, she makes sure we're on schedule(though we dont' always listen to her) and she has us completely organized.  Kealia is the joy and enthusiasm/ Cruise Director.  She is the one all gung ho to do all the unusual and fun things.  So, we drive to the home built entirely from one tree trunk and Hana Girl says, "I'll wait in the car," and Kealia's enthusiasm kicks in and gets us all going and soon we're skipping to the tree.  I'm the one that is focused on safety, manners, homeschooling, and being the mom. I vacillate between being more like Hana Girl and Kealia, but it varies depending on the situation.  Back to the tree...Hana Girl is the horizontal steady base.  Kealia is in the clouds and soaking up the sun.  Together, we're a perfect team!  Loving being with my girls!  

1 comment: