Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Running in Circles, Eating Donuts, Flying Fish, Gross Gum Wall

Today we played tourist in the city of Seattle.  We started our morning at a leisurely pace, which was nice for a change, and found our way to, Top Pot Donuts.  We were attracted there by the giant donut on top of the building.  Knowing that we are already planning on visiting donut places throughout the trip, we were excited for our first donut visit.  It did not disappoint.  They were delicious, the atmosphere was coffee shop relaxing.  Of course, the friendliness we experienced yesterday, proved to be present again today.  Oh, I didn't tell you about yesterday!  It was unbelievable.  I don't have time for all the details, but I will tell you that our town car driver was very kind and went out of his way to show us some sights as we drove to Matson to pick up our car.  When we got to Matson, everyone was very friendly.  I had to go around to the back to get the van and my girls waited out front.  A guy named Cookie bought my girls donuts.  Another guy named Joe, insisted they go inside, and when I told him that I had told them, but they weren't listening, he forced them inside.  (They weren't being defiant, just trying to have good manners.)  Then, my battery wouldn't start, so the Matson guys jumped my car.  They were worried about us, so Joe drove his car for me to follow him, all the way to a gas station, near our place we'd be staying.  He even called to check on us later in the evening.
There was more to yesterday, but I better move on with today...well actually, I'm going to let Kealia tell you about today.  She wrote a beautiful journal entry...so the rest is by her:

Even though this has been only my 2nd day of my trip, I'm only starting my journal today and tomorrow, we go to Tulalip.
Today, we did a lot of tings.  We went to the top of the space needle and I have pictures to prove it.  We ran outside around about five times.  Then when we got back down to earth, we went to Pike's Market.  We watched them throw fish and crabs.
Then, next we went down to the Gum wall.  it's a combination of some really gross gum, a covered old movie theatre, and a lot of support from Seattle community.  What I really think is that a group of kids always used to hang out there so they started sticking gum on the wall, too lazy to walk to the trash can.  Later, it became abandoned from all the graffiti and gum and became a world land mark. ( I actually stuck gum on the wall too! Hee Hee)
The last thing we did was go to the Pacific Science Center.  There were so many different exhibits.  My favorites were the butterfly house and the live bugs.  I really liked the Butterfly House because there were so many different species.  I liked the live bugs because I got to hold alive Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.  There were millipedes, cockroaches, centipedes, scorpions, and bees.  There was also a type of stick bug.  There was also an Awesome Psychic Powers show and it was funny and cool.  The guy was not really a magician but taught us about the scientific method.  His last trick was so hard, but eventually I figured it out.  This was my exciting day in seattle.  Hope that you have a day like this too.

1 comment:

  1. I keep wishing we could cross paths sometime somehow cause i would love to see you and catch up! But i don't think you're coming this far south.

    ReplyDelete