Friday, January 6, 2012

Homeschooling is CRAZY!


Homeschooling should have another name:  Crazymaking!!!!
We've been at it for three days and staying home all day for three days is absolutely crazy!!! We've reached delirium and we know this because we alternate between bouts of screaming, dancing, and laughing hysterically.  We've danced, sung, and eaten way too much food because the "school cafeteria/our kitchen" is open all day long-and the food is better here.
We try to be disciplined and stick to a set plan and curriculum, but there's a tv here and Facebook, and You Tube, and Itunes, and snacks, and Wii, and animals to pet, and laundry, and on and on and on.
Things I've learned:
1.  13 year old girls cannot learn Algebra from their mothers-if the mother is absolutely NOT sure of what she's teaching.  So, Mr. Pilarsky on You Tube has become Hana Girl's new math teacher.  We like him and so far, he likes Hana Girl (because he can't see her roll her eyes to him)
2.  I'm good at teaching Kealia's math.  So far.  I think.  I really have no idea.
3.  Vocabulary is all three of our greatest weakness, as we just were trying and trying to determine the meaning of the word, "puny" and we couldn't figure it out because we thought it was a Filipino word for something that makes you laugh.  "That joke was very puny." (funny)
4.  After taking a Reading Comprehension test, Kealia and I were reviewing her missed questions and when asked about the mood of a passage, (which I read) we couldn't determine the answer.  When we looked up the answer and found out it was-Humorous-, we reread and I guess I could see it but Kealia said, "That does not make me laugh." which made me laugh, and laugh.
5.  We are going through school withdrawals!!!!  We even miss the people we don't like!  WE are going stir crazy!
6.  Homeschooling is hard.  It makes you gain weight.  It makes you crazy.
I admire all those people out there doing this....I don't know how you do it.
Well, we have to go.  We need a field trip.  We're going to study something out there....outside, out of this house.
I'm sure homeschooling will go better once we get on the road.  Hahahahaha, yeah, because then we won't be trapped in a house...just in a minivan.  Should be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment