Saturday, March 3, 2012

Proud Road School Mom

Thought I'd take a few minutes this morning, as a quick break from my work, to write a short blog about how proud I am of my family...Not really bragging, but just a moment for me to acknowledge to myself and whoever may choose to read this that I am incredibly impressed with my loved ones.
This morning, we had to drop Hana Girl off at this beautiful private school in Claremont, California to take a standardized test, in hopes of becoming eligible for potential academic scholarships.  It's not the way she wanted to spend her morning, but she went willingly and with her best effort to do her best.  Kealia and I are waiting for her in a nearby Starbucks, where Kealia is working diligently on her math.  I'm writing thank you letters and reports.  I just feel proud of their school efforts even on the road.  They are reading, doing math, and taking the science they learn from various science discovery centers seriously.  Kealia even read a book to me while I drove and it was so enjoyable.
We've also taken the time to pray together daily, read scripture from the Bible together regularly, and share little gifts of Hawaiian candy or other items with strangers.  These random acts of kindness are often initiated by the girls.
Also, I'm very proud of my husband.  I know it must be hard to be without us, though his blood pressure has gone down, and I'm not sure what that means...
He's been so supportive and encouraging and we talk all the time.  I know not all husbands would be like this and I'm very grateful he wants me to live my dream.  Each time I become scared or discouraged I call him and he is there to keep me going and lift my spirits.  I know we are only one month in and challenges may come and go, but I'm so grateful for all he does for us.  We even prayed together with him on Face Time and it was almost like he was with us.  I'm also glad he has his kids back home that visit him, help him with the land, and make sure he's doing well.
I guess that's it for now, just having a moment where I stop and look at what's happening and think...
Thank you Lord and this is good.
Aloha,
Alana

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. Just wanted you to know I am reading your blog and really enjoying it. I hope Hana Girl is feeling better. I am sure she did great on her test. It sounds like a super good time and you are all learning so much.
    I hope Disney was great!

    ReplyDelete