Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Avoid Hoover Dams


            So, if you have been following our trip, then you know that we had a little mishap that led us up a logging road and it really, really scared us. In one way, it was a really good thing because it taught us to not blindly trust our GPS. It also taught us to listen to our instincts, to be cautious, and to not go in too far before turning around. That experience on the logging road has kept us from similar dangerous situations. We are doing our best to not make the same mistake twice.
            On the other hand, because we were scared, sometimes now we let fear keep us from seeing wonderful sights. Today, we were supposed to see Hoover Dam. As we turned off on the road to go to it, it was along the edge of a mountain and we started making references to the logging road. As the road went further, we discouraged ourselves. Finally, we turned around. We weren't sure if we were going the right way. We weren't sure if Hoover Dam was coming yet. We let our fear dictate our path. In the end, we missed the dam. We are not coming back this way, so we have missed this opportunity. It's not like it was the Grand Canyon, but it was Hoover Dam, a marvel of engineering and human ability. So the lesson is to not let fear steal the opportunities of our lives. We only get one shot for each day. I want to make the most of each day. I want to love my kids the best I can. I want to love my husband the best I can. I want to serve God the best I can. I don't want to almost do things. I want to avoid Hoover Dam from now on. Not the actual place, but the experience I had or rather, didnt have, there.
I'll see you at the Grand Canyon, where I'll be taking it ALL in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment